Thursday 23 July 2009

Recipie of the week.


So, as i was thinking of my blog today, wondering what i will ever write on it, i had the brilliant idea of sharing recipies that i create!! i love to bake, and tend to have a bit of down time in the mornings, so i figure that i can mabey start my own little baking (sort of ) blog!!
so, as not to gain ten thousand pounds by baking so much, i have decided that every time i make something, i have to give it to a different person. we will see how this goes!!

One of my most favorite kinds of cookies are homemade oreos!! mmmmm :) today i had such a craving for them!! so i looked through the pantry, desperately looking for a devils food cake mix, i looked everywhere, and even went down into kristys appartment and looked through all her closets (sorry kristy:) but i had none. so as i was contemplating my next move, i caught a glimpse of the plain white food cake mix. hmmmmm. so what the hey! i made blonde oreos!! and i must say, they are excellent!!!!

Blonde oreos:

1 package white cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

middle filling
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 1/2cups icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp cocoa
chocolate chips (optional)

mix dough and roll into small balls on cookie sheet
bake at 350 for aprox. 11 min
remove. let cool
spread with icing making oreos.
enjoy!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That sounds sooooo good! I should try that! I am excited for you to post all your stuff. It will be fun to try new things! One day I want to be the receiving person....I guess that may be a while. Love you

Anonymous said...

Yes, please do share all your yummy recipes! And might i add that those look amazing! Feel free to ship some to me:)

Karli Blum said...

YAY!! I like this idea lots and lots! I am very exited to start cooking with you again! :) to bad this time it is from a distance . . . at least we know where the ingredients came from though, and what they actually are! good luck with your cooking endeavors my dear!