Monday 27 July 2009

my day off....

so, i woke up this morning, and had what at the time i thought was an absolute brilliant idea!!! i don't work on mondays now and it's kind of an odd day to get off. so not wanting to just sit at home and clean, or cook or something boaring like that i decided, i should ride my bike to taber.... ya! i figured, hey, i'll get a tan, get some excersise, spend some time in the great outdoors, accomplish something. well, it didn't really turn out all that nice!!
as i begun, i was so excited, i had my i-pod in, had my water bottle, backpack and some sneakers, i even had the jacket tied around my waist. i felt SO COOL! but, that soon ended as i was about 5 minutes into my trip. as i was making my way down the west side hill (whoever has been to lethbridge, or has driven up or down it, you will understand a bit better) trying to keep far enough away from oncomming cars, i swerved into the ditch just a bit too hard, and squeezed the brakes a bit to much and ended up flying sideways, scraping various limbs, ripping skin off of mainly my hand, shoulder and leg. what a great start!! but nope!! there is no way i was turning back!!! so, on i went up the hill, witch was an entire accomplishment in itself for me!!
so, hour by hour, i peddled. mostly on gravel roads. and then with about 30 k/m to go, there i was on a remote gravel road, my thighs were so cramped, for a second i thought i would die on the side of a gravel road. i got off my bike and my legs didn't work!! but, on i went anyways!! so, after wanting to cry, but not being able to, and wanting to throw up, but not being able to, i finally made it!! 5 hours later!!! i can say i have ridden my bike to taber!!! i almost died, but i did it!! it's great how much you learn when you are completely beaten down!! today i got a little version of the journey of life! i could have ridden on the smooth, perhaps more dangerous fast paced highway road, but i didn't i took the quieter, safer, more rough road. and even though it was pretty much the hardest thing i have done, it was worth it!! i got home safe!! there is no possible way that i could have gotten home if i did not have faith, if i didn't take it one pedal at a time, and hope for the nicer roads ahead. and expect to actually be able to get there!! it was worth it!! not only for the accomplishment, but for the fresh cherries and blueberrys!! :)

6 comments:

Julie said...

hahahahaha

i'm still laughing..

haha, your the best brebre.

Nancy said...

Oh My....I am also laughing so hard!!! I cannot wait to show Paul this!! We will be calling you!!!

So did you get a ride back???

Paul Thomas Garner said...

I can think of about 84 smart-alecky things to say; however, all I will say is way to go. You are a fantastic sister, very profound words and very insightful.

If you have some spare time I wonder if there is some type of parable you can help me draw from hitting your own car with your own bike.

Love ya fly!

-Paul

Landon, Dana and Julien said...

WOW! You are one crazy girl! We love you and thanks for making us laugh uncontrollably!!!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! Wow! I think the visual alone from your story will make me laugh for days! You are much braver than i am. GOOD JOB! so did you get a ride back? Nancy had a very good question!

Karli Blum said...

Wow . . I think for once, I don't know how to comment, but, I would conquer with everything that was put there. How you can have the crappiest time of your life, but still come out of it with something insightful. And still brighten others with your life! Yazzi keeps asking me why I am laughing so hard, but I just don't know how to explain it to her, she is a little tired to find the humor i think.
Anywho . . . Love yah tonz! Thanx for always making life a bit pleasureful (i think that's a word) (and it looks like I did have something to comment on after all! Yay)